Join the leader in entertainment innovation and help us design the future. At our company, science meets art, and high tech means more than computer code. As a member of the team, you’ll see and hear the results of your work everywhere, from movie theaters to smartphones. We continue to revolutionize how people create, deliver, and enjoy entertainment worldwide. To do that, we need the absolute best talent. We’re big enough to give you all the resources you need, and small enough so you can make a real difference and earn recognition for your work. We offer a collegial culture, challenging projects, and excellent compensation and benefits.
Summary of Job Description
This role will be responsible for the company’s strategic relationships with targeted Chinese government authorities, policy makers and industry/trade associations and academic institutions relevant to our business. He/She will develop and execute results-oriented advocacy and strategies to promote the positive public image and advance the company’s priorities. The person hired will be a valued partner for internal business teams.
This position will be based in Beijing, China and report to Senior Director, Government Relations China.
Position Roles and Responsibilities
• Identify, cultivate and maintain long-term, constructive relationships with key Chinese govt authorities in areas where we play.
• Develop and shape govt engagement strategies and plans and partnership programs with targeted stakeholders in alignment with business strategies. Drive and facilitate the execution of the engagement and partnership programs.
• Proactively engage authorities concerning our business and policy goals and the potential impact of proposed policies, legislation and regulations on the company, its commercial partners and the broader ecosystem.
• Monitor, anticipate and analyze key policy, regulatory and legislative developments that may impact our business and commercial partners and keep internal colleagues informed.
• Advise China Leadership Team and leaders at headquarters on policy-related risks and opportunities and recommend options and solutions on both business and policy issues.
• Communicate and partner internally with business units to ensure continual alignment and effective execution.
• More than 15 years of combined, related work experience in government agencies, in-house government relations at multinational technology corporations, industry/trade associations, or political consulting agencies.
• Deep knowledge of Chinese government institutions, networks and policy-making procedures relative to our business.
• Strong business acumen with track record of developing and implementing government relations strategy and programs on complex matters.
• Effective advocacy, communication/persuasive and consensus-building skills, and political acumen.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally, as required.
• Fluency in Chinese and English.
• Strategic thinking and be accountable.
• Undergraduate degree is required; a law degree or a graduate degree in business administration, public administration, or communications would be a plus.